Monday, February 9, 2009

Really?

If you keep up with my xanga, you know I'm a few days behind on this blog. Since I am behind, the concepts may not be as clear as they were originally, but here's what I was trying to comprehend last week.

Sometimes, I get bogged down with the little things that aren't going the way I think they should. Right now, I'm behind on papers and projects and reading for classes. My dorm is a mess because I haven't unloaded from the weekend. It's a beautiful day outside, but I'm inside trying to catch up. I let little things get to me at times. But so many big things have more than canceled out those little factors.

Of course, the biggest of the big things is Christ's love for and faithfulness to me. Last week, I was focusing on Psalm 33. It's a beautiful passage, and I encourage you to read it. The passage is a great example of how God cares for me and for us as the human race; however, it felt so incredibly unbelievable. Yes, I, Charity Yost, the Christian, believer, follower, is saying it felt unbelievable. But doesn't the entire premise of the Gospel? Pardon me for being too real here, but that's the word that comes to mind. Yet, I believe. I believe the unbelievable.

In our Bible Study last week, I used the analogy of my boyfriend Ben. When he does sweet things for me, I sometimes give him a "get out of here" look. "Are you really my boyfriend?" I wonder. Can it be possible that I have someone in my life that I care about this much? Is it possible that he cares back? And why is he so nice? That feeling is just a portion of what I feel towards the One who created me with His own breath. "Are You serious? You loved me enough to die for me? AND You bless me every day?"

Sara Bareilles has a song called "My Love." It's about male-female love, but some of the words make me think about my Lord. He's real. He unbelievably believable. If you haven't experienced that, I'm happy to share.

"He bends His breath around my name, and I am humbled. I feel small and plain, but His arms are angels at His side. You need not ask if they're open, just how wide. . . . My love is on His way. I can't wait to see the day."

No comments: