Friday, December 21, 2007

Desire for the World

This poem coincides with my last blog. I wrote this a few days ago.


I want to tell the world to act its age.
What's the deal with all the rage?
We should know better by now,
But we live in chaos anyhow.

I want to tell the world to share,
Teach the wealthy how to care,
Teach the able to assist the broken,
How to comfort with words unspoken.

I want to give the world a hug
Keep all the homeless safe and snug
Surprise the lonely with real love
Can anyone feel it quite enough.

I want to tell the world to hush
To give up the hurry and the rush
Go home and keep their families whole
And invest more time to feed their soul.

I want to tell the world to laugh.
It'd cut the length of wars in half
And make impoverished children smile.
It'd only take a little while.

I want to tell the world to act its age.
What's the deal with all the rage?
We should know better by now
And love each other anyhow.

No comments: