Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Long Drive

Some days, I just want to drive. Today has been one of those days, and so I decided to post this poem that I wrote about a month ago when I was in need of a long drive.



Driving through the night
Plowing through the darkness
To get to your house,
Knowing all the while
That with you, there will be light
Hoping maybe some of it will be shed on me.
The hours are long
Realizing we're both alone,
But you'll make it all worth while.
Driving in the dark
With anticipation to push me
And your heart to guide me.
I don't need a map.
Getting lost just isn't in the cards for me tonight.
How could it be?
I know the way
Because I've travelled it in my dreams
In my sleep
And in the day.
As much as music thrills my soul
With the uncountable connections to you,
The radio will not play.
A single note would break the trance.
So silently I'll plow through the darkness,
I'll drive through the night
And before morning light,
I'll be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

youre so talented babe