Thursday, September 6, 2007

Extraordinary

I apologize for the past few days that I have not posted blogs. So many things have happened, and I promise that I will update for you as soon as I have time to recollect my thoughts and put them in blog-format.

But as for now, I just want you to know that God has been extraordinary in the past few days. Of course He always is, but at times, He reveals His awesomeness so vividly that we are incapable of doing anything more than standing back and watching Him.

While I'm organizing my creativity into an explanation of the last couple days, here's an old poem of mine.

Life Extraordinary (4-11-07)

They ask
"Who would choose a life like this?
Giving up your own power
To gain someone else's freedom?"
And I find myself raising my hand.

"Who would lose the world
To gain a purer soul?
Who would dedicate the one life they have
To gain a life never seen?"
And I find myself taking a stand.

"Who would put themselves
Through tremendous suffering
And then strip away popularity?"
And I find myself stepping out of the crowd.

"Who would choose to love
Someone they've never even seen
--Choose living an entire lifetime
As a slave to that one love?
And I find myself surrendering on my knees.

"That's my life!" I scream.
And I find myself whispering, "But it was His, too."

No comments: