Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hopeless Decision

One of my friends and I had a breakfast conversation New Years morning. We talked about the odd sensation that occurs if someone you've had feelings for in the past yet chose not to be in a more serious relationship with suddenly starts easing his/her way into your life, and consequently your emotions, once again. That has been happening to me over Christmas break since many people from my past are aware of my presence back home. With those thoughts bumping into each other in my little brain, I penned this poem -- a poem that reflects making a decision that may be the right choice, but still erases possibility in a relationship.

With one glance at our hearts, it seems they touch,
Though they never have.
They were merely drawn closer by Hope.
I wish we had needed nothing between,
That we had beaten Time to the draw
So he would let me hear your voice every second of everyday.
Since we lost to Time, it hurts to hear even one word you say.
Distraction and Opportunity came my way.
Discernment and Decision slid between us.
Then I asked Hope to leave us both alone.
She did obligingly. And now she's gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charity, I really needed that. God works in wonderful ways. I love you. I am so very thankful I pulled up your sight. It has helped so very much.