Friday, January 4, 2008

Surpise!!

At the present time, I blog to present a theory that all surprises are good. A "bad" surprise isn't a surprise at all; it's a shock. And in this blog, I'm focusing on surprise.

Life brings surprises. We are all witnesses to this art of the universe. I attribute that art to the Creator. But even if you do not show Him acknowledgement, anyone can attest to the surprise of life through nature and circumstance. It was circumstance that surprised me today. I met someone completely new, and I was reacquainted with someone I've known for a long while. Both surprised me. They were things I never could have planned or imagined, but that brought pleasure and purpose.

I absolutely adore surprises. A friend of mine absolutely abhors them. Just a few days ago, I showed up at his place of employment unannounced. His initial response was more upset than uplifted. This irony is quite amusing to me.

Surprises are like candy to me. They make life sweeter. Those closest to me know I love random subjects mostly because they surprise me. As I typed this, a friend half-a-country away sent me a link to watch Japanese bugs fight. Now, am I a fan of fighting insects? Not at all. However, the complete unpredictability of this topic made me smile. I certainly did not view this Japanese spectacle, but am proud to call the sender a friend.

Surprises can come in children's faces, in new-found friends, in random subjects, and in epiphanies. We need to notice them, embrace them, delight in them, and then share them! We must tell others about our own surprises, then spark some surprise in their day. It brings the most satisfying sensation.

Tomorrow, my mother is getting a birthday gift she has no idea about. Surprise....

No comments: