Friday, March 21, 2008

The Touch of Christ

I realize that today is Good Friday, the day when we reflect on Christ's world-redeeming crucifixion. I did that today. I even visited a cathedral in downtown Charleston for their Good Friday service.

But I was not focused so much on Christ's death today as I suppose I was supposed to be. I was thinking about his life.

I wonder, if I were to die today, and my closest family and friends began digging through all my possessions and reading all my writings -- things that no one really sees but me -- would their views of me change? What would they think of my thoughts? What would be their favorite things to remember about me?

If I had been family, friends, or even acquaintances of Christ while he was on earth, what would be my favorite memory of His life after His death?

For the soldier whose ear Peter chopped off, what did it sound like when Jesus healed it?
For the man who had been blind his whole life, what was it like for Jesus' hands to be the first thing he ever saw?

He touched so many lives then. Now, He uses his followers to make Christ-like memories for others. What are we doing?

No comments: