Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Famous Amos

Mmm.... dont' you love those cookies? I do... even though I'm a calorie-counter and wouldn't dare think of eating them often.But the famous Amos that I'm talking about is the one that wrote the book with his name as the title. I had the morning off from Elevation Interning, and so I woke slowly and read extra, surprisingly reaching the end of Amos before I was supposed to leave for work.

Here are my thoughts from Amos:

"When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it?" (3:6)... Wow. New Orleans was the first that came to mind. Then I recalled September 11th and the pain that was thrust upon two great cities. And just yesterday three police officers were in car accidents here in the city of Charlotte. Did God cause it? I'm sure there is more to study on this thought.

"Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants and the prophets?... The Sovereign Lord has spoken--but who can prophesy?" (3:7,8)... Wh0 are the prophets and servants of today? I believe there are many bright lights such as these who are messengers of the Master's plan. We should be more aware of them.

This one reminds me of a war movie quote, or something. If you know it, enlighten me. ..."Prepare to meet your God." (4:12)

"Seek me and live... Seek the Lord and live." (5:4,6)

"The prudent man keeps quiet...." (5:13)

"Hate evil. Love good." (5:14)

"Woe to you who are complacent..." (6:1)... Even the sentence makes me a little less comfortable.

And in closing, "This is what the Sovereign Lord showed me." I love you, guys. Whoever reads. God bless.

No comments: