Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Longest Deepest Prayer

I had the amazing opportunity to view Billy Graham's new library today. There would not be enough time or words to express how amazing it was to be a smidgen closer to such a marvelous man and to get a closer look at his gargantuan life.

However, the portion that touched me most was not focused on Billy, but instead on his wife Ruth. While watching the videos, seeing the pictures, and standing in a replica of her home and her life, the hidden feelings that I have always harbored in my heart surfaced into tears on my face. Her life is my dream-- maybe not exactly, but as an outline. How amazing would it be to marry a truly God-centered man, and to have my ministry become furthering his ministry! How blessed to be completely in love with the person you KNOW was intended to be with you for your entire lifetime and have mutual respect for them, as a person and as Christ's vessel! Explaining how I feel is difficult, but somehow I know that I was made to be a wife to a godly man. I prayed so deeply today, just like I have since I was a child, for my future husband, and for the wife I will one day be. I prayed that I would always focus on Christ and that I would spend my life loving a man who did the same.

Mrs. Graham went to Heaven today, and she saw the One she had served constantly for her entire life. But she left behind a world who admired her, a family who loved her greatly, and her true soulmate, Reverend Billy Graham. May the Lord bless them all.

No comments: