Monday, June 11, 2007

Mondays

I created this blog a few days ago. I have a Facebook and always love posting new notes, but this seemed more professional, and (to be honest and girly) I loved the layouts.

But after creating this blog, I postponed writing anything, mostly because of pressure to make the first one special, and not knowing where to start. I tried to get creativeness to flow in my veins and somehow drip from my fingertips into this lovely Dell Inspiron Notebook, but even walking around with the birds and squirrels with visions of Snow White in mind did not seem to help.

Today is Monday. I've never been the type to dread Monday morning, but they weren't my favorite either. Then I came to Charlotte for this Summer Internship at Elevation Church. Monday's at Elevation aren't the normal Monday. We sleep in on Mondays because Sunday's are HUGE. Praise Jesus for huge Sundays! From 6am to 2pm, the church is working harder than ever throughout Sunday. However, the office doesn't open until noon on Monday, which I interpret as our opportunity to sleep in! Personlly, I love the atypical schedule! It's a wonderful head start to a wonderful week.

With the extra time this morning, I woke late and read Pastor Furtick's blog. (Check it out at stevenfurtick.com.) And, as always, he voiced my thoughts. Though he was completely unaware (and still is), he spoke exactly about my life. He wrote on blog procrastination. His words brought realization. I am an English major, and I'm waiting around for creativity to be a part of my life instead of simply beginning to write and just see what happens in the end! So, with the "Just do it" mentality, I signed online.

Yes, g00d or bad, this is my first blog. It probably won't even be read until my reader number boosts... and who knows if that will ever happen? (God does.)

Still, I am here. I will write. I can't promise perfection or inspiration, but I can promise words -- maybe long and rambling, or short and sketched, but not mindless, insincere, or dishonest-- my words. That's who I am. Read and comment all you wish.

No comments: