Sunday, August 12, 2007

Blessed Momentum

For the past two and a half months, I have woken up at 4am every Sunday, driven over half an hour to church, and worked from the time we set up until the time we tore down around two or three that afternoon.

This morning, I woke up at eight o'clock, had spare time to get ready, drove five minutes to church, said hello to the people I hadn't seen in a while, sat in a padded seat for an hour, then drove five minutes back home, in time for lunch.

It seemed like disillusionment. My perspective of the Church had changed so much over the summer that it was difficult to envision what it was like before the revolution. And I didn't want to think about my previous views. I wanted to take what I had learned from Elevation and apply it to every possible area of my life. I took a page of notes from the pastor's sermon this morning, but I took just as many notes on the thoughts running through my mind on how the church in which I sat could be improved. Call it critical, or call it constructive. Either way, my mind is bustling with energetic ideas and new found willingness to make better and accomplish whatever Christ sets before me, and I will take ultimate advantage of that blessed momentum.

Just like I told a friend today online, "Life is SUPPOSED to get better and better as we grow and learn! This part of my life is THAT!"

No comments: