Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New and.... Expected?

"I am making everything new!... Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Revelation 21:5


School is BACK! New black ink pens, smooth notebook paper, wiry notebooks and paper clips, funny professors, roomates, and even new dorm decor! I am such a geek!... And proud of it.

Yesterday began my first full week of classes, but only the third week that I’ve been back in SC. With all the transitions, it has been difficult to keep my blog in mind, but the themes God keeps highlighting in my life.

Just before school began, I had minor plastic surgery to slightly straighten my nose. Watching it heal, I realized that very little had changed physically, yet it made a great difference in my facial features.

In the same way, I was so excited about starting this semester because I knew it would be amazing. When I arrived on campus, not very many things had been drastically changed, but still, it made a noticible transformation.

As I contemplated the impact of small alterations, I realized that God works similarly. Sometimes believers make drastic changes in lifestyle, and social areas in order to follow God’s will, such as leaving a secure career to plant a church in another city. Sometimes these faith-trying, earth-shaking changes are necessary to complete the Savior’s willful commands.

It seemed like my life was unique and cliche, yet obvious and unexpected. This may sound like a double oxymoron, but sometimes God just makes the expected explode so enormously that, though it was expected, the extent of it was not!
But often, the change God has in mind is not as elaborate as we expect, yet still better than we ever could have imagined for ourselves.

No comments: