Saturday, August 11, 2007

This Is Punishment

The reminders of yesterday have been so difficult today. I want to pour my feelings into this blog uniquely and to my full potential, but I think it would make me feel worse tonight. So, I'll post more lyrics by other artists, because sometimes my own creativity is too painful to regurgitate to others.




I thought that this was supposed to feel good.
And if you were really mine,
I guess it would.
I didn't fall in love
'Cause it was the right thing to do.
I just went ahead and fell for you....

Truth is your heart was never mine to take
Now I'm stuck in a feeling
That I'll never shake
I prayed for it to go
God knows I want it to stay
But here I am loving you either way.

Oh, somewhere down along the line
I guess that love became a crime
This contradiction makes no sense.
This is punishment.
I feel like this is judgement day
I'll raise my hands, stand up and say
I don't believe I'm innocent
This is punishment.

You'll never feel all the things I can't say
And I'll never know if it's better this way.

-SheDaisy

No comments: