Sunday, August 5, 2007

Leaving Monroe

Today was my last full Sunday at Elevation (for a long while, anyways). Tonight is the last night that I will spend in the Dinkins' house. In some ways, I am ready to leave, but in others, I could stay here in Charlotte forever.

No more sleeping on a futon without sheets.
No more carpet. (Neither my home, nor NGU have carpet.)
No more barking dogs.
No more high-cal, high-fat, fast food and non-perishables. Back to my good diet!
No more 30 minute drives to work everyday.
No more random workouts. Back to regular exercise!
No more airconditioning-less nights in a bonus room.

But.....

No more children. College doesn't include juveniles.
No more beautiful Monroe, NC.
No more Levi.
No more bright orange offices.
No more office staff.
No more paychecks.
No more being far from home.
No more having my own room.
No more summer.
No more live Elevation Worship Band.
No more live Pastor Furtick sermons.
No more smiling Elevation volunteer faces.

My heart knows that God is not a God of gaps. He will fill the areas I leave in Charlotte with something better that He has prepared me for throught this experience. It has been priceless, to an extent that I cannot yet comprehend, therefore will elaborate upon at a later time. For now, however, I must pack the remnants of memories and photographs, mix them with personal necessities, and drag them with my heart on a three hour drive back home.

No comments: