Friday, November 30, 2007

The Charity Geyser

I'm pouring out of me.
Oh God, I'm gushing!
Slow the current--
Stop the flow--
I cannot help myself.
I cannot keep myself
From gushing.
Like a geyser,
My life is coming out
My thoughts are leaking out
My heart is rolling out
Shut my mumbling mouth
Flush my eyes with tears
Open my deafened ears
Re-stuff me, Lord,
But not with fluff.
Re-stuff me with substance
Stuff it in, and stitch it up.
Send me out,
Whole this time around.
Keep my feet on the ground.
Or else, when everything escapes,
I'll be floating,
Only floating,
With no self-control
Over my loitering lips,
My rambling thoughts,
Or my unkempt motives.
Oh God, I'm gushing again.
Make me stop!








Disclaimer: I wrote this poem earlier today. In no way should it make people stop pouring out their hearts to God and others or stop being the candid and unique people God created them to be. However, there are times meant for reservation, yet sometimes I struggle with restraint. This is a prayer that God enhances my self-control. Even passion for life can be a hindrance at times to the will God has for that life.

No comments: