Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanks!

I know that I'm a little late on the Thanksgiving theme. Most other times, I'm pretty punctual, so just humor me this time around!

I was studying gratitude in psychology (how convenient for the holidays, right?), and the professor asked us to make a list of things for which we were thankful. Despite it's ease, this was not an elementary assignment. It was meant to show us that after making such a list, we would physically feel better.

I wrote several things, and surprisingly, at the end, he was right. I was smiling. Here's the exact replica... (If you aren't here, that doesn't mean that I'm not thankful for you, it means that he only gave us 2 minutes of his precious class-time.)


I AM THANKFUL FOR:

Learning
Corey
Melissa B.
Marla & Steph
My mom
My dad
NGU
Dr. Epting
Fun professors
Books
Words
Friends
Hugs
Scripture
My car
Sleep
Smiles
Godly advice
Babies
Youtube


Yes, it's random, probably because we were also studying association methods. However, he also assigned for us to write thank-you letters. I'm not dreading that at all. I also think my Christmas cards this year will be thank-you cards instead.


"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done."
1 Chronicles 16:8
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever."
1 Chronicles 16:34
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful."
Colossians 3:15
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."
Colossians 4:2


Be thankful today. For everything. Then go a step further, and praise the Lord, maybe even to other people. See what happens.

No comments: