Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Better Than Facebook

Yesterday, I was thinking about how much I enjoy phone calls. I had received a wonderfully random phone call the night before and was still in awe of how much I miss real conversation with my friends back home. Yes, I see people everyday, but this summer has been full of IM, texting, and Facebook since I have been so far from my closest friends. I've become a facebook junkie.

Today, I jokingly asked one of those friends back home, Ben Reed, "What's better than facebook!?" What he began to do was the highlight of my day. My buddy Ben began to make a list of things that were better than facebook... and I made my own. Here is our master list. Enjoy.

And indulge in them.


Ben's List

mountains
racing
the beach
a nice sunset
Jesus
a waterfall in the middle of nowhere
stars on a clear night
someone giving you $1 million dollars
coke shots
staying up too late
being friends with paul james
getting away from life
heaven
walking into the wind blowing down the beach
the smell of rain on hot pavement
playing in the rain
playing in the mud
being on the front row of a really good concert
the david crowder band
chocolate
coke
ice cream
the 69 camaro
any camaro really
roller coasters
things that are dangerous
cookies fresh out of the oven
putting on clothes as they come out of the dryer
ipods
the sound of the exhaust on an old camaro
transformers
the 2009 camaro
the viper v12
the corvette
drag racing
road trips
doing things that are slightly illegal
going to the lake
wakeboarding
snowboarding
jumping off cliffs


Charity's List

A field in a thunderstorm
Running through sheets on a clothes line
Music fit for the occasion
CU vs. USC games
Freshly polished guitars
Comfy tennis shoes
Good movies
A round table of friends
Both of the Camaros in TRANSFORMERS
Tan lines
Shuffling iTunes
Being friends with Paul James (yep yep)
Driving to nowhere in particular, but seeing more than if you had a particular place to go
Grand Pianos
ICE CREAM (yes!)
Cookies before they go into the oven
Sleeping on the floor/ground, just because you can
Blue jeans
Breathtaking photography... especially if you've already seen the real deal
Happy children
Making unhappy children happy again
Long hugs
Funny faces
Walking barefoot
Dreams you can recall
Cash in your hand
Getting lost
Finding your way back home
Health
Making random lists of things that are better than facebook! (Yeah, I like it.)

No comments: