Thursday, July 26, 2007

*Cars*

As an intern, my primary responsibility is to run errands. I truly love it, ESPECIALLY when I run errands for Damion, the production manager. He found out that I absolutely love to drive his truck and offered for me to drive it to Office Depot today.

Cars with a characters that matches their owners' personalities have always fascinated me. Damion's truck is probably an 80's model, Chevy, ripped navy vinyl interior, collapsing ceiling liner, peeling paint, and absolutely NO air conditioning. I choose a country music station while I drive it.

While stopped at a redlight in this incredibly attractive truck, I began to notice the characters of the cars around me. In the right lane, there was a sleek black volvo. A man in a white dress shirt and a bluetooth attached to his left ear jumped out of it. I immediately thought "Chinese Redlight", but really he was just retrieving a notebook from a briefcase in the trunk. I thought "definitely has character and a driver with a matching personality. " But what tops that was the car directly in front of me. It was an older white compact car. There were large white stickers with bold black letters across the back reading "VEGAN." My eyes traveled to the left rear bumper which featured a white bumper sticker. Cartoon animals were walking across the top of the sticker with the words "Love Animals. Don't Eat Them" below. I giggled at this and felt the urge to meet the driver in my own game of Chinese Redlight, but resisted. However, the light turned, and we went on our merry way. Then my little car-character observation game climaxed. The over zealous vegan just in front of me had perchased a personal license plate. It was simple: "CMPASHN!"

No comments: