Friday, July 6, 2007

Zech

I have 13 minutes before I must leave for work (painting today), so here goes a blog for the day...



I just finished reading Zechariah (yes, Zech... not Zach). I hope that whoever my readers may be aren't getting tired of these highlights. If so, tough. Here's my celebrating freedom :





"'Return to me' declares the Lord Almighty, 'and I will return to you.'" (1:3)

"Be still before the Lord." (2:13)

"'Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty." (4:6)

"This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God." (6:15)

"Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another." (7:9)

"In your hearts, do not think evil of each other." (7:10)

"Do not be afraid, but let your hands be strong." (8:13)

"'These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,' declares the Lord." (8:16-17)

"Love truth and peace." (8:19)

...And maybe not my favorite verses to hear from God, but definitely applicable to my current life events:

"One-third will be left... this third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God.'" (13:8-9)

No comments: