Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Death of Me

I am drowning in my plight
Of loving more than one
Of loving everyone
Of clinging to them
Like a blanket's hem
On a cold and lonely night

One love is all I need
All I want to want
But am I to blame for an open heart
That cannot help but help
Cannot break it's own fall
For the sake of not one, but all

Am I afraid of commitment
Of losing what I've always wanted
Of losing what I never had
Of not being the perfect fit
Tell me, is this a cursing lack of commitment
Or of too strongly desiring it

You want to know how you can help
To ease my pain
TO gain my trust
To make me yours to hold
So that you can boast you were the one
That snapped me out of my disillusionment

Yet I refuse to drown
Refuse to breathe
As if your carbon dioxide will intoxicate me
Ignore my commitment issue
You will not be the death of me
So, fighting for me should not be the death of you.

No comments: