Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tossed Up and Placed Safely Down

Many ups and downs in my day today. I am typically not moody person, but this new phase in my life gives way to a waterfall of emotion. I hope it only lasts a short while... like a week, maybe. I may still possess a damaged heart by then, but at least it may not make the rest of my body suffer from it's pain.

The office was a great pace today. Rachel sent me to Office Max where I had to wait for an hour, so I shopped for dorm stuff. I read my devotion at work today. That was nice to read it in the same environment to which I must apply it. I'll be blogging about 1 Samuel soon.

My lowpoint came while I was alone in the car today. I just kept pushing away the memories and cramming my thoughts into place, reminding myself that this choice was made in order to free my life up for Christ's work within it.

A highpoint did come, however. The interns went to Chunk's and Amy's house for dinner tonight. It was great to just sit around and talk casually with people. They are such great people, and their children are absolute angels. We met Pastor Furtick, Holly, and Elijah (who turned 2 today) across the street. When we said hello and gave birthday greetings, Pastor Furtick and Holly told Elijah to come give us hugs. Highpoint:

Elijah ran straight to me... and said my name. He remembered my name! It was heaven. I tossed him up into my arms and gave him a quick tight squeeze before placing him back into running position on the ground. I LOVE that kid. We kind of... connect.

I spoke briefly with Elijah's dad about my current decision, and thanked him for unknowingly being partially responsible for that change in my life.

This part of my life? This part right here. It's called "Unstable," but somehow, in ups and downs, it's also called "Something New" for me to run into.

No comments: